You can create a calendar that registered members on your website can add events and edit the details of those events. This advanced operation involves the use of the Login Block to give visitors a place to register and be added to the group that will have permissions to the calendar.
Steps: Create a Calendar the Registered Users Can Add To
1. Add a Login Block on your website that includes registration. See: Add Login Block
2. Add a Calendar Block (See: Adding a Calendar) or you can edit an existing Calendar Block.
3. To edit an existing Calendar Block, click to add a check mark to "Configure Blocks" below the Preview button.
4. Click "Configure Calendar Block" link above the calendar.
5. Click on the "Permissions" tab.
6. Click on the "Groups" icon to assign the group permissions to the calendar.
7. Click to add a check mark next to the permission you want your group to have.
Note: the group must be created prior to assigning permissions and must have a way of adding members either by default or by admin approval. See: Adding a Group
- Create - Allows members permission to create a new event.
- Edit - Allows members permission to edit the details of an event.
- Delete - Allows members permission to delete an event.
- Manage Categories - Allows members permission to add and edit categories.
8. Click the "Save" button.