The back up and restore features of HotDoodle allow a copy of the website as it appears at a specific moment to be made and then load that copy at a later date. This allows the removal unwanted changes or reversion to an earlier version of the website.
Back Up Basics:
HotDoodle performs regular back ups of each website about once per week on Sundays.
Manual back ups are also available.
There is only one back up of the website at any given time as each back-up records over the previous back-up.
The date of the last back up may be seen in the Site Options screen found from Administration / Configure Site / Site Publication
Back Up a Website
Steps: How to Back Up the Website
1. From the Hotdoodle toolbar, click on the "Administration" tab.
2. Click on the "Back Up Site" button. A message appears to confirm the website has been backed up.
3. Click on the "Return to Main Page" button.
Get to the Site Publication Screen From the My Stuff Page
Steps: How to Get to the Site Publication Screen From the My Stuff Page
1. Log in at www.HotDoodle.com.
2. Click on the "My Stuff" page on the navigation bar.
3. Click on the "Site Options" link to the right of the website name.
Get to the Site Publication Screen From the Website
Steps: How to Get to the Site Publication Screen From the Website
1. From the HotDoodle Toolbar, click on the "Administration" tab.
2. Click on the "Configure Site" button.
3. Click on the "Site Publication" button on the Site Preferences Menu screen.