There are a number of best practices to consider when creating or editing your website. Here is a list of tips and strategies to ensure visitors have a good experience at your site.
1. Use titles to clearly identify areas and topics within your pages.
2. Keep text to the left of the page whenever possible.
3. Write text in short paragraphs of two to three sentences.
4. Use hyperlinks to cross-reference your pages.
5. Maintain a balance of whitespace and content within your pages.
6. Try to keep menus and choices to seven items or less.
7. Keep your layout consistent between pages.
8. Provide at least one or two ways for users to communicate with you.
9. Double-check your pages for spelling and grammar.
10. Keep pictures to a manageable to size to speed up downloading.