New HotDoodle sites are automatically mobile responsive, but classic HotDoodle sites need to be upgraded to use the responsive features.
Examples of the changes needed:
- Different themes must be used, ones that include responsive CSS
Custom themes must be redone
- Pictures and slideshows need conversions to upgraded blocks and views
- Sidebars must generally go bye-bye
- Containers (columns) must be upgraded to responsive views
- Menus must be upgraded to responsive views
- Some text and layout must be reconsidered to be sure it will always flow
- Custom graphics must be carefully reconsidered as it will often look bad when resized or repositioned
- Some content might be best skipped
As you can see, this is a pretty through redo of the site. A fundamental change has occurred, moving from knowing how the site will be viewed to that of having to handle anything, and a redo is appropriate.